St Mary the Virgin (New Church - now demolished):
This church was built in 1881 by E W Stephens of Maidstone and opened its doors for worship on the 30th June 1882. Constructed of Ragstone it was an impressive Gothic-styled building which took over the mantle of Anglican Church for Burham.
Unfortunately the buttresses and foundations of the building were not adequate for the weight of the Tower and the building began to sink. The Ragstone was found to be of second grade facing stone only with a core of crumbling cement. The building became unsafe and sadly, less than 100 years after its dedication, had to be demolished.